If your religious exemption is denied, whether from your employer or school, you have a right to file a report or complaint.
Here are a list of organizations for Iowans to utilize if needed.
- IOWA CIVIL RIGHT COMMISSION-file a complaint
- U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION (EEOC)-file a complaint
- IOWA FREEDOM VIOLATIONS-file a complaint
- NOTIFY YOUR LEGISLATORS-call and let them know your situation.
- CALL GOVERNOR REYNOLDS OFFICE-call and notify her staff of your personal situation.
There is a Civil Rights Commission meeting September 24th at 1 pm at 400 East 145h Street, Des Moines, Iowa. If you have experience discrimination or your religious exemption has been denied, you are encouraged to attend.
If you are unable to attend this meeting in person, you can attend the conference call 1-866-685-1580, passcode # 2066159014.
Are you not from Iowa?
Use this list as a guideline to find related organizations in your state.
Also, check out the resource page where we have a list of National and Iowa resources.
If I have missed any resources please email me at
Source: Informed Choice Iowa